Here are some of the answers to frequently asked questions regarding The Witness Maritzburg City Marathon, powered by Thirsti Water.
1. Substitutions closed on 7th February. Please don’t run in your friend’s number. You BOTH risk suspension AND IT’S DANGEROUS. Your number speaks for YOU in the unfortunate event that you can’t.
2. Some charity entries are still available at the Race Office at Golden Horse between 9am and 12noon Monday through Friday and at Registration/Collection on Friday 22nd.
42.2km @ R500
21.1km @ R400
3. Trail and 10km entries are available at …
10km @ R180 and a Temporary Licence costs R30 if you need it.
Short Trail @ R120
Long Trail @ R150
(Trails don’t require a licence)
… from the Race Office at Golden Horse between 9am and 12noon Monday through Friday. These late entries do not qualify for a free race T shirt.
4. You’ll get your race number by sms on Thursday 21st February.
5. You’ll receive (too) detailed final instructions by email between 18 and 20 February.
6. The Marathon and Half Marathon start at 5am on Sunday 24 February.
The 10km starts at 9.30am on Sunday 24 February.
The trail runs start at 7.30am on SATURDAY 23rd February
7. The MaraFuns take place from 2.30pm on Saturday 23 February cost is R75 each and entries are taken on Saturday 23 February.
8. Top Gear Product will run #KidZone on Saturday from 7am to 5pm and Sunday from 4.30am until 12 noon. Cost is R75 each per day and is paid at #KidZone.
9. The venue for parking, Registration/Collection and the start, finish and all activities is the Golden Horse at Gold Circle Scottsville Racecourse between Friday 22 February and Sunday 24 February.
10. The routes are the same as 2018. Stay behind the lead car and you won’t get lost.
11. We are offering Mat to Mat timing and, apart from prize contenders and the cut off gun, your time starts when you cross the start mat. The starts will be closed 15 minutes after each of the starts.
Please share this across all platforms, groups and with all your friends and club mates